Business VoIP is nothing but a usual business phone service, but instead of PSTN landline connection uses the cloud phone system and the Internet-based connection. Setting up a traditional business phone system is expensive and limited in functionalities as well in comparison to the Business VoIP, which allows sending data, video, and voice communications over the internet network. The small to medium-sized businesses can significantly benefit from the Business VoIP setup as it costs less, but provides more to the business. It has a multitude of business-oriented features that would make the business more accessible and send out a good impression to the clients. A professional and organized outlook of the company sent across to the target audience with the help of Business VoIP helps in attracting new clients and providing faster and better services to the existing clients.
The Business VoIP phone system comes with many advanced features such as desk-to-desk calling, automated attendants, and PBX capabilities, call routing, on-hold music; call forwarding, IVR technology, and more. These features offered by Business VoIP helps small to medium-sized businesses and enterprises to provide attentive and responsive services that match the level of the services provided by large-scale enterprises. The professionalism of the company increases significantly with the help of Business VoIP and helps with improving the customer satisfaction provided by the companies. Small to medium-sized businesses need flexibility and mobility that is provided by the Business VoIP solutions and helps these enterprises to function professionally and at par with the more extensive more sophisticated phone systems. The best part is that Business VoIP solutions cost the fraction of what the conventional phone systems cost.
Tips to Choose the Best Business VoIP Provider
Different businesses have different requirements when it comes to business phone systems, and depending on the number of extensions required by the company, it can cost around $20. The cost goes up depending on the number of extensions needed, and the additional premium features opted. Converting from traditional legacy set-up to the Business VoIP solution would be more convenient and cost-effective if the requirements of the businesses are ascertained.
The Business VoIP for small businesses as well as the enterprise level VoIP phone systems come with different prices and features. The company should analyze its usage and the system features that would be required to function smoothly as it what would help identify which level of Business VoIP solution is suitable for the business. Here are the few tips to choosing the best Business VoIP provider.
- Make sure that you check your internet connection’s speed and bandwidth as VoIP solutions rely on it. Checking with your Internet service provider to know more about it is essential in this regards.
- Ascertain your requirements, usage, and the features that would be needed by your business to operate smoothly. Depending upon your requirements, choose a small or medium-sized business VoIP service provider that can offer you business package that fits your needs and budget.
- Choose a service provider that offers scalable products and services, so that your requirements can be met for now and foreseeable future without hindrance. Also, make sure that you buy phones of reputed companies like Polycom, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Cisco.
- Always do your researching before signing up with any VoIP service provider for businesses. Checking out the reviews, reading about what other customers have to say, and the unique features they offer would help you land on a decision that would be ideal for your business.
If you have shortlisted a few of the business VoIP providers, make sure that you are well prepared to filter them further with the questions that would help you make a decision beneficial for your business. There are things you need to know about the Business VoIP provider and their services before you sign on the dotted line and hire any service provider. The first thing you need to know about the service provider is whether they offer a money back guarantee or not and what are the startup and recurring charges. Go through the FAQs of different Business VoIP service provider and see if they allow porting numbers and if yes, is there any cost involved. Also, check what their contract and cancellation fees are and if it provides international calling. Check out the number of features offered and the value of each element. Make sure to check if the Business VoIP service provider has a mobile application and whether it provides E911 or not.
Top Benefits of Using VoIP Solutions for Business
- Flexibility in Mobility – Business VoIP solutions offer services that allow the businesses and its owners/employees to stay connected with the business at all the times. The VoIP solutions provide one virtual number for your work, home, and mobile number, which means that you never miss out on any crucial call from a client or lead. How the calls and the miscalls would be treated can be customized as per the business and the organizational structure. The receiver always sees the business phone number when using the cloud-based phone system; irrespective of which device is used to make the outgoing call.
- Versatile Messaging Options – Maintaining business messages in order is essential, and many phone business systems offer such services. The new voicemail transcription service also sends the voicemail in message format in the mail or as a text on the phone. It would make responding to the clients much faster and seamless.
- Multiple Numbers – The businesses are becoming more dynamic these days as it allows scalability as well as ensures that it can operate smoothly. Having numbers/extensions for different departments or employees allows more flexibility and helps in getting things worked out with ease. Different numbers can also be a toll-free number, virtual extensions, virtual faxing, or simple phone number extensions.
- Auto Attendant – Whenever a customer calls your business, he or she is greeted by an auto attendant, which would then guide the caller to the specific department of their choice.
- Automatic Call Distribution – It is an advanced feature offered by many business VoIP phone systems, where the system smartly connects callers to the employees who would be able to help them with their queries or issues.
- Business SMS – It is essential to keep the personal and business phones different, and business VoIP phone systems have features to help you do just that. Any and all business related calls, messages, and texts can be sent using the computer, tablet, and smartphone.
It is essential to be aware of the benefits and features of the Business VoIP to make the most of it because a modern and educated business would have a competitive edge over its competitors. Do your research thoroughly and find the service provider that meets your requirements perfectly.